Connect and Share your ideas for our new Arts & and Culture Strategy 2022-2026.
Fraser Coast Regional Council supports the growth of a vibrant and active cultural life within our community.
We believe that arts and culture are essential for our community and should be experienced as part of our everyday lives.
Council provides a range of services, venues and programs in the arts, cultural and heritage fields.
Council endorsed its first Fraser Coast Culture Strategy in 2015. It is now time to work out our priorities to shape our culture into the future.
Why develop an Arts and Culture Strategy?
We all engage in culture and the arts in some shape or form, and the arts and culture are at the heart of our personal and regional identities. The focus for our strategy is to encourage participation in the creative expression of culture, celebrate and honour our culture, contribute to community cohesion and resilience through culture, promote and innovate through culture.
- The Arts, Culture and Creativity are vital for our health and wellbeing. According to the Australia Council for the Arts, 98% of Australians engage with the arts and recognise their positive impacts.
- Culture, The Arts and Creativity build and reinforce a sense of belonging and pride in the Fraser Coast as a unique place valued by residents and visitors.
- The Arts, Cultural and Creative Industries contribute to the vitality, growth and diversity of the region’s economy. Locally based creative businesses and enterprises invest back into the area by contributing to liveability, place activation, tourism and employment.
- The Arts, Culture and Creativity enable people to connect more with one another, tell their stories, build skills and communities, break down cultural and social barriers, and build resilience to change.
How can I get involved?
To help create a strategy that reflects the aspirations, concerns and ideas from our community, you are invited to join the conversation in the following ways:
- Complete the community survey
- Fill out an ideas postcard available at one of Council's cultural venues or customer service centres
- Contribute to our Ideas Wall below with your ideas, photos, drawings or stories
- Check out the Calendar to the right and click to register and join in on one of the workshops or activities
- Would you like to hold our own community conversation? Download the conversation kit from the Document Library to find out how
- Follow the Arts and Culture engagement page to keep up to date with other related projects